Thursday, November 25, 2021

St. Joe's Consecration Day 30 - The Sacred Heart

 This is the Sacred Heart. The heart of one man with true human nature inflamed with the infinite love of a Divine Person. 

"Consider that the Sacred Heart of Jesus was no sooner formed in the womb of the Blessed Virgin than It was inflamed with an immense love for all men . . . He puts himself daily in a humble and obscure state on our altars in order to satisfy the excess of this tender love, thus fulfilling what was spoken by the Prophet: 'My delights are to be with the children of men. (Prov. 8:31)'"

-Fr. John Croiset

The Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

How much of your relationship with God is based on your experience of the passionate love Jesus feels for you?

A growing proportion. I started with a cultural, habitual relationship with God the grew from my family's practice of the faith, my religious education, retreats, and Christian friendship. When I knew that I could rely on God even when (or especially when) there was no one else to turn to, I better understood the passionate love of Jesus. I began to understand his own suffering for me in the smaller sufferings and trials I endured. 

How much of your practice of religion is based on your experience of this love?

Nearly all of it. I go to Jesus, I practice my faith out of the knowledge of his love.

What might be getting in the way of receiving this love? 

My attachments to sin and the esteem of others.


No comments:

Post a Comment