Thursday, July 16, 2020

Marian Consecration Day 4 - A Tender, Intimate and Complete Gift of Myself to Mary

Come Holy Spirit, living in Mary.
Help me to give myself entirely to Jesus through Mary.

 In the presence of all the heavenly court, I choose you this day for my Mother and Queen. I deliver and consecrate to you, as your slave, my body and soul, my goods, both interior and exterior, and even the value of all my good actions, past, present, and future; leaving to you the entire and full right of disposing of me, without exception, according to your good pleasure, for the greater glory of God, in time and eternity. 

St. Louis de Montfort
True Devotion to Mary

Brown Scapular: A Silent Devotion – From the Archives of Fr ...
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel with St. Simon Stock


If you could always continue to be humble and little in your own eyes, and keep your spirit in due order and subjection, you would not fall so easily into danger and offense. It is good counsel that, when you have conceived the spirit of fervor, you should meditate how it will be when the light is withdrawn.
Thomas a Kempis
Imitation of Christ
Book 3, Chapter 40

Man Standing In Front Of Mountain Lake Photograph by Lachlan Gardiner

Lord, I know I cannot trust my body, my mind, my eyes. Most of all, I cannot trust my own will. Time and time again my will and my desire lead me astray. Into more sin, I've fallen. And my sin is ever before me. My weakness has humbled me, but in that very weakness I cry out to you. You who are my Shepherd; you who are my only Good; you, my One and true Love.

Only in you shall I find Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment