Monday, July 13, 2020

Marian Consecration Day 1 - A Warrior's Zeal

Come, Holy Spirit, living in Mary.
Help me to make this retreat with generosity and zeal.

St. Louis de Montfort Print - Portraits of Saints
St. Louis de Montfort (Brittany, France)
A son of Celtic warriors


9I have become an outcast to my kindred,
a stranger to my mother’s children.g
10Because zeal for your house has consumed me,
I am scorned by those who scorn you.h
11When I humbled my spirit with fasting,i
this led only to scorn.
Psalm 69: 9 -- 11  



The works of disobedience to God's laws and abuse of created things must be renounced:
  • Works that bring error and darkness to the mind
  • Works that bring seduction and corruption to the will
These may have pomps: splendor and charms employed by the devil to make sin alluring in people, places, and things. 

From True Devotion to Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment