Thursday, December 9, 2021

St. Joe's Consecration Day 39 - Peacemakers

Matthew 5:9 

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."

From where does the peace of a child come? It comes from the place in their heart where they have complete confidence that they are safe, that they are cared for, and that someone they love will defend them. This is the peace that our hearts long to live in, but what in our life's journey steals that peace? Often it comes from wounded parents who let us down, who didn't keep us safe, who didn't know how to love us the way we were created to be loved. 

" . . . peace does not come from outside, from the world. It comes in communion in faith and love with Jesus, the Prince of Peace. It is a fruit of prayer." 

-Fr, Jacques Philippe

The Eight Doors of the Kingdom

The Holy Family deeply desires to love you in the ways you needed to be loved. They long to have you enter into their family and live as their adopted son. 

(Being persecuted for the sake of righteousness) IS a blessing. Enduring persecution increases our capacity to trust the Father. It increases our capacity to be in union with the suffering and persecuted Christ. 

And can we not say that the Holy Family--as a communion of persons--lived the Beatitudes perfectly?

The Holy Family for Elijah
by Laura Balmaceda

What are the areas of your life that are not at peace?

  • The fear that I'm not competent or smart or likable enough at work
  • The fear that others may think me lacking or not worth spending time with
  • A false belief that I can find peace only after first finding someone to be married to or achieving greater financial security

What are the areas of your heart that are in need of healing and peace?

  • The damage in my heart of not being loved for my own sake, to be defended by parents who believed in me and were concerned about protecting me from external dangers and other people's misunderstanding of me. I needed to feel and see their pride and joy for me. I needed their love to be expressed in clear and unconditional ways. I needed to be able to trust them, that they weren't lying to me or trying to manipulate me. 
    • Spend time with Our Lady and St. Joseph sharing those places with them. Open your heart to let them love you there. 

      Do you have confidence in your identity as a beloved son of God?

      Yes.

      How might receiving your identity help you in times of adversity?

      It helps me remember that I need not panic, fear, run, or hide. I can always turn to the Holy Family, rely on prayer, and rest in God's love secure in my identity as His son. 

      No comments:

      Post a Comment