Saturday, April 24, 2021

Good Counsel Day 6

 In 1830, you counseled Catherine Laboure in Paris, instructing her on the design for the Miraculous Medal and saying, “All who wear this medal will receive great graces.”

. . . For guidance for our extended families, pray for us.

For counsel for extended families who are estranged, pray for us.

 Novena To Our Lady of Good Counsel, Day 6


The Blessed Virgin Appears to St. Catherine Laboure


. . . The Angel said, “Come to chapel; the Blessed Virgin is waiting for you.”

In following the Angel to the Chapel, Catherine was surprised to find that all the lights were lit as if it were for Midnight Mass on Christmas. She was led toward the sanctuary and knelt by the chair that the Director used when giving conferences to the Sisters. Suddenly she heard the rustle of silk and saw a most beautiful Lady walking toward her. The Lady was dressed in an ivory-colored dress with a blue mantle and a white veil covering her head and draping down over her shoulders. She sat down on the Director’s chair next to Catherine. The Angel told Catherine, “This is the Blessed Virgin.” Catherine leaned her hands on the Lady’s lap and looked into her Mother’s eyes.

Preparing Catherine for the Mission

The Lady spoke, “My child, the good God wishes to entrust to you a mission.” She told Catherine that she would have to endure trials in carrying out the mission, but she would have consolation in knowing that she was working for the glory of God. The Lord would be with her and would guide her. “Have confidence. Do not be afraid.

-Robert J. Billet, CMF

"St. Catherine Labouré and the Miraculous Medal"

The Vincentian Formation Network


Jeremiah 8:18 - 23

My joy is gone, 

grief is upon me,

my heart is sick.

Listen! the cry of the daughter of my people,

far and wide in the land!

"Is the Lord no longer in Zion, is her King no longer in her midst?"

Why do they provide me with their idols,

with their foreign nonentities?

"The harvest is over, the summer ended,

but we have not yet been saved!"

I am broken by the injury of the daughter of my people.

I am in mourning; horror has seized me.

Is there no balm in Gilead, no healer here?

Why does new flesh not grow over the wound of the daughter of my people?

Oh, that my head were a spring of water,

my eyes a fountain of tears,

That I might weep day and night over the slain from the daughter of my people!


 

"So put your hope in God alone;
Take courage in His power to save--
Completely and forever won,
By Christ emerging from the grave."

 



No comments:

Post a Comment