Thursday, April 22, 2021

Good Counsel Day 4

At the Cross, Jesus gave you to the disciple St. John, saying “Behold, your mother” to him and to all of us who follow after him . . . For guidance for our home parish, pray for us. For counsel for those who do not pray, pray for us.

Day 4, Novena to Our Lady of Good Counsel


Today, you can stand beside Mary, your mother, at the foot of the cross, and embracing her, take her into your heart. You can pray with her, contemplate her son’s passion with her, share her sorrow,console her, and be consoled by her. Ask her to share her sentiments with you, to feel what she felt. As a child imitates his mother, let her show you how to love and follow Jesus.

Take Mary into your home, that is, your heart, as a beloved disciple of Jesus. From this day forward keep her at your side, and you will never be far from Christ.

Mary, Mother of Jesus Christ, Mother of the Church, and My Mother, I want to love Jesus Christ as you did. Let me see what you saw at the foot of the cross, hear what you heard, and feel what you felt.

Lord, thank you for the gift of Mary, my Mother. Now, when I am close to her, I am also closer to you. I accept her into my docile home, and will always follow your will in everything, as she teaches me by her humble example to love, honor, and serve you for the rest of my life.

"Behold Your Mother"

Biltrix



"Thought that I would self-destruct,

But I'm still here.

Even in the years to come,

I'm still gon' be here."

-Survivor by 2 WEI 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment