Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Marian Consecration Day 24 - Mary Begins Her Own Retreat

Come Holy Spirit, living in Mary.
Help me to be faithful to heart-pondering prayer, as was Mary.

 

The Annunciation - Henry Ossawa Tanner | Pathways to God
The Annunciation by Henry Ossawa Tanner

 













Lord, I pray for the gift of humility.
I pray that in my humility
I will see the truth
And proclaim only that truth.
I especially pray that I will be able to see 
The truth that all good things come from You
And are accomplished by You.
All glory be to You my Lord!
Jesus, I trust in You.
Reflection 221
Daily Reflection on Divine Mercy: 365 Days with St. Faustina


"A Smooth, Easy, Short, Perfect, Sure, Safe Way"

This devotion is a short way to discover Jesus, either because it is a road we do not wander from or because . . . we walk along this road with greater ease and joy, and consequently with greater speed. We advance more in a brief period of submission to Mary and dependence on her than on whole years of self-will and self-reliance. 

This devotion is a perfect way to reach our Lord and be united with Him. . . Jesus who came to us in a perfect manner chose no other road for his great and wonderful journey. The Most High, the Incomprehensible One, the Inaccessible One, He Who Is deigned to come down to us poor earthly creatures. . . How was this done? The Most High God came down to us in a perfect way through the humble Virgin Mary without losing anything of His divinity or holiness. It is likewise through Mary that we poor creatures must ascend to almighty God in a perfect manner without having anything to fear. 

St. Louis de Montfort
True Devotion to Mary
(#152 - 164)

No comments:

Post a Comment