Wednesday, September 15, 2021

St. John of the Cross - Preparing for a Spiritual Marriage

Isaiah 52:7

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good tidings,

Who publishes peace, 

Who brings good tidings of good, 

Who publishes salvation, 

Who says to Zion, "Your God reigns."


(c) Pixaby
A Triumphant Dream - On Mountain's Edge

We who are Christian have discovered the cure for this present life of misery. What remains for us then is to embrace Jesus, the only cure, with diligence and zeal. Being with Him requires ongoing and deepening conversion. And what is our great hope at the end of this journey? Divine Union.

Divine Union = Transforming Union or

                       = A "spiritual marriage" (as St. John called it)

From My Catholic Life

"Introduction - Preparation for the Journey"

The Mystical Journey to Divine UnionSpiritual Wisdom from St. John of the Cross



Set a fire,
Down in my soul,
That I can't contain,
That I can't control . . .

(There is no place that I'd rather be.
There is no place that I'd rather be,
Than here in Your love,
Here in Your love."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment